Spring is in the air, and many people start to think about spring cleaning their homes at this time of year. But what about our lives? We can bring positive energy into our lives by eradicating negative areas and old habits.
Much like your home, your mind gets cluttered and needs care. It can get overloaded with old attitudes, old emotions and old memories, and it needs a good clean out of the stuff that you have collected and are holding on to out of habit or neglect. If you let these things go and free up some room for a positive mindset and new, exciting challenges, you can gain a flexible, simple and happier lifestyle.
Spring cleaning your mind takes a conscious effort. It’s a choice to make improvements that will change your life for the better.
Here are five great tips to help you give your life a spring cleaning, which will help you personally and in your career:
- Throw out anger, jealousy, misunderstanding and lack of patience. Open the shades and let in the warmth of good relationships. Understanding others takes time and thoughtfulness. True friendships require forgiveness and compassion. If a relationship has hurt you and is beyond repair, let it go and find relationships that are equal and reciprocal, and make you happy.
- Wash away procrastination and delay. They will only make you feel frustrated and stressed. If you find yourself constantly trying to catch up or meet deadlines in the last minute, you will find it hard to relax. Make sure that you give yourself adequate time to deal with things as they come up. Don’t waste time on trivial activities that easily cause distraction.
- Dust away negative thoughts by putting on a fresh coat of positive thinking. This begins with feeling gratitude. Every day, think of at least one thing you can be grateful for. You might enjoy www.thxthxthx.com, an inspirational and humorous website. The writer Leah Dieterich’s mother always told her to write thank-you notes. So she does, for everything. www.thxthxthx.com is her daily exercise in gratitude and can provide you with guidance in changing your perspective.
- Lighten up your thoughts with humour and fun. Sometimes you can lose the ability to see the funny side of things, as life can wear you down, but it is always good to remember that you are in charge of what you think about. You can decide when to laugh instead of cry, smile instead of frown and give someone a hug instead of being distant. You can do this through the thoughts you choose, the conversations you have, what you listen to and what you read. Choose to laugh and have some fun every day.
- Open the windows of your mind to new ideas and a fresh, positive perspective. If you open your mind to different ways of doing things, accepting things and changing your overall outlook, you can create the life that you truly want where happiness, success and fulfilling relationships can be yours.