Legal Secretaries are being invited to join a new social networking site for the legal services sector.
Mootis – mootis.co.uk – has been launched by award-winning silk Bill Braithwaite QC.
Commenting on the launch of Mootis, Chairman Bill Braithwaite QC said:
“Sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook are hugely successful, but we feel the world of legal services is large enough to warrant its own bespoke platform.”
In terms of the legal sector, Braithwaite says Mootis will appeal to two audiences: those already registered with sites such as Twitter and LinkedIn, and those who are yet to engage with the world of social media.
“It’s got dual appeal,” he continued. “We believe existing social media users will welcome the benefits of a site focused entirely on legal services.
“For the thousands of legal secretaries yet to engage with social media, this is their chance to get in at the beginning of something new and exciting. It’s a brand-new platform, a level playing field.”
In developing the site, the Mootis team analysed social media sites throughout the world. As a result, Mootis has a range of features regular users of social media will be familiar with as well as some unique aspects.
Key features include:
· Mootis can exceed 140 characters (up to 500 words) – enabling users to express their opinion with more authority, weight and substance.
· Upload and share video blogs, documents, images and audio.
· Register as a new user on the Mootis sign-up page or log in through Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
· Register as an individual or organisation.
· Keep on top of all the very latest trending legal topics.
· Search and connect with people by name, import existing contacts from other social media networks or invite contacts via email.
· Send and read other users’ updates – either publicly or privately.
· Integrate with other main social media sites.
· Receive daily updates from Mootis direct to user’s email account.
· Create polls and surveys.
· Professional verification to establish authenticity of identities of key individuals and companies.
· Privacy features.
· Advanced security.
Concluded Bill Braithwaite QC: “Although we are launching the site now, the first few months are all about gathering feedback so we can make Mootis as effective as possible moving forward.”